St. Ishmaels beach in Read more [...]
Place Category: Beaches
West Angle Bay is a sandy beach with rock pools at low tide, the beach lies within West Angle Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
A few interesting facts:
- The chimney is what remains of the old brick works which were shipped out from the beach.
- The cannon in the car park weighs 18 tonnes and was removed from the sea below Chapel Bay Fort, part of the Victorian fortifications built in the area.
- Thorn Island was built in 1842, the first of the Victorian fortifications to be built in the area. Boat trips can be arranged.
Facilities include car parking, toilets, café, picnic area and you have a steep narrow ramp to beach (not suitable for boat launching).
We have no current information on dog restrictions for West Angle Bay Beach.
West Angle Bay Beach Weather Forecast
Light rain today through Saturday, with temperatures falling to 15°C on Saturday.Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Today's Forecast
14->1863% 86% 4 mph
5:11 am 9:26 pmPartly cloudy throughout the day.Tuesday, May 30th
13->162% 63% 9 mph
5:11 am 9:27 pmMostly cloudy throughout the day.Wednesday, May 31st
12->1722% 54% 3 mph
5:10 am 9:29 pmMostly cloudy throughout the day.Thursday, Jun 1st
13->178% 74% 6 mph
5:09 am 9:30 pmMostly cloudy throughout the day.Friday, Jun 2nd
12->175% 66% 7 mph
5:08 am 9:31 pmLight rain starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening.Saturday, Jun 3rd
12->1550% 36% 13 mph
5:07 am 9:32 pmPartly cloudy throughout the day.Sunday, Jun 4th
12->1512% 26% 15 mph
5:07 am 9:33 pmMostly cloudy throughout the day.Monday, Jun 5th
12->158% 87% 9 mph
5:06 am 9:34 pm
West Angle Bay Beach Tide Times
West Angle Bay Beach Water quality
Samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
Photos from around the surrounding area