Hightown beach is mai Read more [...]
Place Category: Beaches
Formby beach, large area of beach, sand dunes and pine woods.
- Stunning stretch of unspoiled coastline
- Long sandy beaches and attractive pine woods
- Spot one of the rare red squirrels feeding on pine cones
- Search for 5,000-year-old red deer footprints on the beach
Lifeboat Road site: 1½ miles from the town centre; there are three linked unpaved car parks with several routes cascading out in to the sand dunes and woods. The car parks are about 900 yards from the beach.
Victoria Road site: North of Lifeboat Road and is busier due to the red squirrel reserve being here. Parking is available adjacent to the reserve and at the end of the road there is a large unpaved car park for easier beach access, the beach from the car park is about 100 yards.
Dogs are welcome year round but must be kept on a lead due to wildlife.
Formby Beach Weather Forecast
Light rain throughout the week, with temperatures rising to 21°C tomorrow.Light rain in the morning.Today's Forecast
13->1555% 59% 8 mph
4:53 am 9:29 pmDrizzle starting in the evening.Wednesday, May 31st
11->2127% 53% 1 mph
4:52 am 9:31 pmDrizzle overnight.Thursday, Jun 1st
14->2134% 74% 5 mph
4:51 am 9:32 pmLight rain until evening.Friday, Jun 2nd
13->2058% 68% 5 mph
4:50 am 9:33 pmDrizzle starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening.Saturday, Jun 3rd
12->1846% 42% 8 mph
4:49 am 9:34 pmLight rain starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening.Sunday, Jun 4th
9->1664% 54% 12 mph
4:48 am 9:35 pmLight rain until evening.Monday, Jun 5th
10->1673% 93% 10 mph
4:47 am 9:36 pmLight rain in the morning and overnight.Tuesday, Jun 6th
10->1639% 60% 10 mph
4:47 am 9:37 pm
Formby Beach Tide Times
Formby Beach Water quality
Samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
Photos from around the surrounding area