The first Read more [...]
Place Category: Activities
The first lighthouse was built in 1202 on the cliffs to the west side of the harbour. This beacon was discontinued in about 1542.
The current granite lighthouse was designed by George Halpin and construction began in 1848 and it became operational in February 1852. The lantern is 78 feet (24 m) above sea level.
Photos from around the surrounding area