The Minack Theatre is Cornwall’s world famous open-air theatre. From May to September you can see drama, musicals and opera in this most dramatic of setting. As well as the Theatre you have sub tropical gardens.
St Michael’s Mount, a rocky island crowned with medieval church and castle. One of England’s most famous and dramatic coastal attractions. The oldest surviving buildings date from the 12th century, when a Benedictine priory was founded here. Accessible on foot at low tide across a causeway, at other times it read more
Constitution Hill was a an early theme park built Victorians. It consisted of arcades and a restaurant at the foot of the hill, the railway, and at the top of the hill a camera obscura and park, of which it is the largest camera obscura in the world. Aberystwyth Cliff read more
In AD563, Columba came to Iona from Ireland with twelve companions, and founded a monastery. The abbey was transformed into a Benedictine monastery in about 1200. Its buildings were restored in the 1900s and in 1938, the Iona Community was founded to revive its traditions of work, worship and teaching. read more
This is a great example of an art deco lido. The Lido was designed in the 1930s and in February 2014 it was severely damaged by storms and was re-opened in May 2016 after refurbishment.
Newquay Zoo has over 130 species set in 13 acres of tropical gardens.
Shanklin Chine is a wooded coastal ravine reaching the sea at the end of the esplanade. Chine is a word for a stream cutting back into a soft cliff. Shanklin chine contains waterfalls, trees and rare plants, with footpaths and walkways allowing paid access for visitors. A heritage centre explains read more
St Agnes Head is on Cornwall’s north Atlantic Ocean coast and part of the St Agnes Heritage Coast that stretches from Godrevy Head in the south to St Agnes Head. At their height about 100 mines employed 1000 miners across this dramatic coastal landscape. Mining came to an end in read more
Wheal Coates is a former cliff top tin mine situated on the north coast of Cornwall, between Porthtowan and St Agnes. It is maintained by the National Trust, for more details see National Trust website.
The first lighthouse was built in 1202 on the cliffs to the west side of the harbour. This beacon was discontinued in about 1542. The current granite lighthouse was designed by George Halpin and construction began in 1848 and it became operational in February 1852. The lantern is 78 feet read more