Hampshire Beaches & Coast
Hampshire lies on the South coast of England.
The Solent forms part of this coastal destination offering visitors wonderful places to walk as they explore all the attractions this county has to offer. Travellers remark on the wide open spaces of the coast line here as well as the islands, rich country parks and reserves.
Historic buildings abound in the area and many overlook the ocean like Hurst Castle which offers fantastic views across the Solent and Fort Nelson overlooking Portsmouth Harbour. Chichester Harbour is an area of outstanding beauty with picture perfect villages and clean wide beaches where you can enjoy watersports, walks, birdlife and scenic views.
Hayling Island is great for a day out as is the Hamble Valley and river and the coastal nature reserve at Titchfield Haven. Hayling Island has safe beaches and is a recognised Blue Flag beach known for cleanliness and good facilities for families with children and windsurfers!
Lepe, in the New Forest National park is a park with nature reserves surrounding it. A perfect spot for watching ships and sailing boats or walking the five miles around the coast taking in Beaulieu estate on the way! Close to Lepe is Calshot with it's vividly painted beach huts. Calshot offers a huge outdoor centre with a velodrome, rock climbing and skiing.
Hampshire is a perfect getaway for a relaxing break. Horses roam free here and there's a wide variety of attractions and activities to suit everyone. Accommodation ranges from superb bed and breakfasts to resorts and splendid hotels with spas.
Attractions in the area include:
- Hawk Conservancy
- National Motor Museum
- The New Forest
- Jane Austens House
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- Winchester Cathedral
- Mottisfont Abbey
- Paulton's Park
- D Day museum
- Portchester Castle
- Fort Nelson
- Longstock Water Gardens
- Romsey Abbey
- Spinnaker Tower
- Marwell Wildlife
- Beaulieu Abbey
- Furzey Gardens
Interactive map of Hampshire: explore and research the Hampshire coastline - looking at beaches, things to do, places to stay, eat and visit.
Hampshire Beach List
We have 16 beaches in our Hampshire beach list.
- Barton-On-Sea Beach, Christchurch
- Beachlands Beach, Hayling Island
- Calshot Beach, Southhampton
- Eastney Beach, Portsmouth
- Emsworth Harbour Beach, Chichester
- Hayling Island - West of Eastoke Beach, Portsmouth
- Hill Head Beach, Gosport
- Lee-on-Solent Beach, Gosport
- Lepe Beach, Southampton
- Milford on Sea Beach, Milford on Sea
- Old Portsmouth Beach, Portsmouth
- Solent Breezes Beach, Southampton
- Southsea Beach, Portsmouth
- Stokes Bay Beach, Gosport
- West Beach, Hayling Island
- Weston Beach, Southampton
Popular Hampshire Things To Do
- Nab Tower Lighthouse, Southhampton
- Grosvenor Square, Southampton
- Portchester Castle, Portchester
- Ower, New Forest
- HMS Victory, Portsmouth
- Wolvesey Castle, Winchester
Some accommodation options available in Hampshire