Top 10 Hampshire Beaches
Here are The UK Beach Guides top 10 Hampshire beaches. Our rating is based on two factors, the first is the amount each page is viewed and the second is any reviews submitted. These counts get reset at the start of each month.1. Weston (Woolston) Beach
2. Solent Breezes Beach
3. Calshot Beach
4. Lee-on-Solent Beach
5. Lepe Beach
6. Emsworth Harbour Beach
7. Beachlands Beach
8. Milford on Sea Beach
9. Barton-On-Sea Beach
10. Eastney Beach
1. Weston (Woolston) Beach, SouthamptonWestern Hard Beach is not the most attractive beach but it is great for boating and sailing. Southampton Town Centre and Ocean Village are right next to the beach which is mostly shingle. T...
For more details visit our Weston (Woolston) Beach page
2. Solent Breezes Beach, SouthamptonSolent Breezes Beach lies to the east of the Solent and has terrific views right across to Cowes on the Isle of Wight. The beach is accessible from the Solent Breezes Holiday Park so that t...
For more details visit our Solent Breezes Beach page
3. Calshot Beach, SouthhamptonCalshot beach is part of a shingle spit offering panoramic views of the Solent, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. The spit also has an extensive saltmarsh of important wildlife interest. P...
For more details visit our Calshot Beach page
4. Lee-on-Solent Beach, GosportLee on Solent Beach is a shingle beach but a great day out! The town it is in is quiet but offers a lot of watersports and is dog friendly too! Whether you’re swimming, sailing, canoe...
For more details visit our Lee-on-Solent Beach page
5. Lepe Beach, SouthamptonLepe beach is found in the Lepe Country Park on the shores of the Solent and part of the hamlet of Lepe which is part of the New Forest of Hampshire. The beach is popular for s...
For more details visit our Lepe Beach page
6. Emsworth Harbour Beach, ChichesterEmsworth Harbour beach is a small shingle beach tucked away in the south east corner of Hampshire on the shore of Chichester Harbour. The small town of Emsworth is quiet but very prett...
For more details visit our Emsworth Harbour Beach page
7. Beachlands Beach, Hayling IslandBeachlands is primarily a shingle beach with the beach being backed by sandy grass areas and heathland, criss-crossed by many paths. This area of the seafront is the best for entertain...
For more details visit our Beachlands Beach page
8. Milford on Sea Beach, Milford on SeaMilford on Sea Beach is a dog friendly beach worth visiting. It is a long shingle beach with character beach huts lining the promenade and it is backed by low cliffs. The beach here adjoins a natur...
For more details visit our Milford on Sea Beach page
9. Barton-On-Sea Beach, ChristchurchShingle Beach. Cliff top walks although some areas of the cliffs are dangerous. Fossil hunting. Popular paragliding location....
For more details visit our Barton-On-Sea Beach page
10. Eastney Beach, PortsmouthEastney Beach is a naturist beach and well frequented. This beach is shingle and offers a camp site and caravan park and is ideal for swimming, wind surfing, fishing and other water sports....
For more details visit our Eastney Beach page
In addition to our top beaches, Hampshire has 1 Blue Flag awarded beaches and many more seaside awards.
Interactive map of Hampshire: explore and research the Hampshire coastline - looking at beaches, things to do, places to stay, eat and visit.
Hampshire lies on the South coast of England.
The Solent forms part of this coastal destination offering visitors wonderful places to walk as they explore all the attractions this county has to offer. Travellers remark on the wide open spaces of the coast line here as well as the islands, rich country parks and reserves.
Historic buildings abound in the area and many overlook the ocean like Hurst Castle which offers fantastic views across the Solent and Fort Nelson overlooking Portsmouth Harbour. Chichester Harbour is an area of outstanding beauty with picture perfect villages and clean wide beaches where you can enjoy watersports, walks, birdlife and scenic views.
Hayling Island is great for a day out as is the Hamble Valley and river and the coastal nature reserve at Titchfield Haven. Hayling Island has safe beaches and is a recognised Blue Flag beach known for cleanliness and good facilities for families with children and windsurfers!
Lepe, in the New Forest National park is a park with nature reserves surrounding it. A perfect spot for watching ships and sailing boats or walking the five miles around the coast taking in Beaulieu estate on the way! Close to Lepe is Calshot with it's vividly painted beach huts. Calshot offers a huge outdoor centre with a velodrome, rock climbing and skiing.
Hampshire is a perfect getaway for a relaxing break. Horses roam free here and there's a wide variety of attractions and activities to suit everyone. Accommodation ranges from superb bed and breakfasts to resorts and splendid hotels with spas.
Attractions in the area include:
- Hawk Conservancy
- National Motor Museum
- The New Forest
- Jane Austens House
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- Winchester Cathedral
- Mottisfont Abbey
- Paulton's Park
- D Day museum
- Portchester Castle
- Fort Nelson
- Longstock Water Gardens
- Romsey Abbey
- Spinnaker Tower
- Marwell Wildlife
- Beaulieu Abbey
- Furzey Gardens